Wednesday, May 1, 2013

See Think Wonder Ants

Connect-This was an intro to our ant study (animals and their needs).  I wanted to catch a glimpse of any ant schema they may have had.

What I Did- They spotted the ant farms and were dying to know why we had them.  I finally broke them into 2 groups and them them observe the farms.  I gave them about 20 minutes but told them to pay close attention to and to think about what they see, what they think is happening, and what they wonder. 
Add caption
Extend- We used many of the questions developed here in our Ant Inquiry study .  They were able to really look back at our pyramid and see just how much they learned after our study.

Challenge-I wish I would have chosen to use pictures instead of the ant farm.  The questions were too specific to what the ants were doing inside the farm instead of ants in general.




1 comment:

  1. Annie-

    First off, your pics of the kiddos all engaged in the learning process and discussion time was so adorable. You can tell they are excited about their learning groups. I thought your challenge response was very reflective and you clearly know your students. I would be interested to hear what they noticed after their little lab session.

    ReplyDelete